Monday, September 10, 2012

Grievance or Gratitude

I must confess, I have been a bad mood, for like 2 weeks. Not every waking moment, but my anxiety and annoyance level is definitely at a code orange. I have to focus on calming down and having fun some days and that is no way to be so I need to get some things off my chest.

Here comes the vent:

I am tired. My kid never stops moving and going from summer time chill to 40/50 hour work weeks and then a hyped up 3 year old all evening makes for a rude awakening=exhausted mom.

Our calendar is too full, with all good things I WANT to do. We are social people, we love to have things going on, but seriously we have to put a calm on it or we are going to burn out. Or we won't, we'll just wait until winter when everyone naturally hibernates and store up our energy.

I saw this saying the other day, and it is too true "We must stop glorifying busyness!"

My kid is exactly like me, she hates to go to bed, she loves to get her own way, and she never stops talking, never. Dealing with these things day in and day out make Mommy cranky.

Our car got hit while PARKED on the street yesterday evening. It was parked there while we did yard work, bluh. So not only did we have to do hard labor, it also cost us $500 because now we have to pay our collision deductable!


Whew, thank you for letting me whine, I feel better.

Now the fix for that feeling of overwhelmed anxiety. Gratitude. Thankful prayers.

I am so overwhelming grateful I have a job that I love. I get to be with sweet children everyday and share my love of music with them.

I am so happy I have a fun, smart, energetic child who loves to run and play and get every ounce of joy out of each day. I am amazed by her sweet spirit and her spunky fortitude everyday. She makes me so happy.

I am so blessed with friends and family that want to be be around me even when I'm whiny, they invite me to dinners,  baby showers, birthday parties and concerts.

I am humbled we are financially capable of owning cars, having insurance and that we are able to come up with funds when life throws inconveniences our way.

I am so thankful for my husband, who is with me every step of the way.

There is so much more to offer praise about. Thank you for letting me get it down in writing so that I will not forget.




1 comment:

Julia said...

We have this same rant/grievance often. It helps to have a husband (since it's usually me doing the ranting) who can put things in perspective. It's also nice to hear that other moms get annoyed by the INCESSANT TALKING ALL THE TIME. Can I just get a few minutes where I don't have to talk about lawnmowers? But yes, I need to remember to be thankful that I have a child who is happy and healthy and has a very large vocabulary for being not quite 2.