Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lambuth Brick

 
Lambuth is closing. June 30th. There is lots I have to say about that, but I'm not ready.
That being said. Tomorrow is the deadline to submit a brick design for a permanent pathway on campus to remember We are Lambuth, no matter what it says in the new offices.

But it is really, really hard to sum up all you feel about a place that gave you so much in 18 characters per 3 lines. Matt and I have worked for the past hour and here are the final three. I really need some feedback before this is LITERALLY set in stone. Deadline::3pm tomorrow!!

***UPDATE, I was informed SPACES count....had to edit further....*****

A. Favorite line from the Irish blessing that was sung after the Alma mater at every choir concert and major LU event.

May the wind be
Always at your
back The Washburns

(Don't like the layout, but if it's going to fit....)

B. Abbreviated quote from Dr. Suess, that really seems to sum it up nicely because we can't control that it is indeed over. (The real quote has the word because after cry and smile)

Don't cry it's over
Smile it happened. 
The Washburns

(for this one to work we have to shave 1 character off line 1, any ideas?)

C. Another quote, also abbreviated. Also a nice way to summarize our experience.

Past is behind us,
Love is around us
The Washburns

Your immediate participation is appreciated. Even if you aren't a Lambuth person, since it will be read by everyone. Thank you.

7 comments:

mgw said...

I am leaning toward "C"

Kendra said...

C

KDPrice said...

I like C. :-)

Brittany said...

I like C alot... if you want B though, through caution (and grammar) to the wind and lose an apostrophe.

Laura said...

I vote C.

Amber Turner said...

I like the Dr. Seuss or the last one.

Mary Elizabeth said...

We went with C. I adore them all, obviously...hence the problem deciding. But C had the word Love and that is what I got from LU! Thank you all for helping!!