Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Pops!

It was Pops birthday this weekend so we had a few get togethers to celebrate! First on Sunday, his actual birthday, we met up, ate a delicious lunch and gave him his present. It was a pool ladder. He was very happy.


Then we got into our bathing suits and cooled off in the pool!

Then on Tuesday night we all met for dinner at Sissy's (because she was out of town on Sunday) And had a delicious dinner.

Well, Saturday we had a wedding, and a late night, so for Sunday's party we brought a store bought dessert. But since I am off of school right now, I saw Tuesday as a great opportunity to try a fun summer dessert recipe. And since lots of my friends post their yummy desserts I thought I would try it. So here goes:

Matt's grandmother made an amazing traditional bread pudding. Of course she never measured or anything so I'm not sure is there is a recipe anywhere, or if that would even matter. So since I couldn't duplicate that, I found a totally different bread pudding in hopes it would have receive a warm welcome, but not try to compete with tradition. I made a Coconut Bread budding with chocolate sauce.

First you broil your coconut and pineapple chunks



Then you mix eggs, egg whites, milk, coconut milk (which looks awful when you open the can but smells amazing and is very yummy in the end), vanilla and sugar altogether. And throw in coarsely chopped french bread cubes
Then you let that set for about 10 minutes. After you feel like it has soaked in enough goodness, you mix back in your coconut and pineapple and pour the whole mixture into a glass pan. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes until the bread is brown and the pudding is firm. After that you serve it up and drizzle chocolate on top. Now the recipe told me how to make homemade sauce, I just used Hersey's and it worked just fine.
And I can officially confirm it is better the next night! 
Happy Birthday Pops!

No comments: