Monday, February 21, 2011

Fun Times in the City

Sorry I've been MIA. I had an incredible weekend with great friends, then early early (1am) Sunday caught the stomach flu : (

Let's focus on the good. Friday night we had two great friends, and their two awesome kiddos over. I love these particular people very much, but I have a dirty secret. I did not invite them over to see them, well not just them. They just added a member to their family that I had to meet, and so should you!

This is Lollipop!

I bribed her with a blanket so that she would like me. But it looks like blanket or no, I was not her favorite.
Saturday night, we met up with some other awesome friends, who also happen to be Wesley's Godparents, so yeah we kinda like them...here's Cliff playing with his girl

We (Cliff, Stephanie and us) got to hang out with some very good out of town friends that included Jared all the way from Indianopolis and Brandon from Nashville! Brandon brought along a friend that had NEVER been to Memphis so we hit the tourist spots. Which was actually really fun since I, a lifelong Memphian, rarely do anything "Memphisy."

First we hit up the car show, cause that's Memphisy?!?! Actually it was better than I expected. Fun to sit in all the new cars and not be hassled by the pushy sales guys!

Then we stood in line for 1.5 hrs to get into The Rendevous. Let me tell you it was worth the wait. I have eaten rendezvous food, I am from Memphis, but never been to the actual restaurant. It is so much better when fresh and real, and in it's element. We had great food and great company.

We next moved our party to Beale Street. Let me tell you the last time I was on Beale, I was 34 weeks preggo and not digging the night life or being dug for that matter. So this was much more fun. We enjoyed the music grabbed a fruity adult beverage and reveled in general loitering.

We ended up at a quiet restaurant on Second enjoying mac and cheese, chocolate mousse and scotch (as individuals, separately).

We parted ways around 10:30. Or as Matt put it "An hour and a half before his parents would have expected him home in high school." So we're old. We obviously still know how to have a good time!

UPDATE***** We also started a game Saturday night trying to name fish after country singers. It was way too fun. You should try it at http://countryfishnames.tumblr.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm... Rendezvooooooouuuuus.... LoveLoveLove their dry-rub ribs. Best in the whole country. The world. The universe. ANYWHERE.

In college I went there with friend from time to time and have fond memories of their sausage and cheese plates and cold pitchers of beer. And I don't even LIKE beer.

Is an hour and a half wait routine now?? We used to get right in but of course that was [mumble] years ago.

Anonymous said...

HA! I went there with friendS - not just friend.

Laura said...

Aww, sweet Lollipop. Love the pics!

Thanks for having us over - it was delicious and we had a great time!

mgw said...

Did I say that? I am HILARIOUS!