Friday, September 30, 2011

Retail Therapy

I've been feeling kinda run down lately. Maybe it's the busy schedule, the bouts of illness, the non stop work thing, having an almost three year old, I don't know. What I do know is I have not been myself because I am just too tired to sparkle (that's for you Jenny.) But I need to snap out of it. Thursday I did not have to work late, rare,  so I treated myself to a little retail therapy. Did I hit up the Loft? Old Navy? Target? all good choices, but no. I went to my old standby--the Goodwill. I adore goodwill shopping. It is like treasure hunting with the added bonus of being cheap!

Today the folks on Austin Peay Hwy did not disappoint. In fact it is one of my best trips ever.

When I go in I always start with furniture. You never know what piece you may find. One time they had high heel shaped chairs! No such luck today. Then I move over to knick knacks. If we learned anything from last weekends yard sale it was that I need more knick knacks. I had an adorable ceramic pumpkin in my cart when I realized Matt may stop speaking to me if I buy more seasonal decorations that live in the attic most of the year. So I moved on to the books. I racked up! Children's books are expensive, so between using them on a daily basis for my classroom and having a well read child we shell out a lot. Today I found 10 books including an Elmo book, 5 hardbacks, and an Eric Carle! They were .10 a piece!

Next I swung by the belts, as they are a very fashionable accessory right now. I looked at several at J. Crew and Loft a month ago but couldn't bring myself to pay $30 for something I may or may not throw on at the last minute. Goodwill saves the day again. A new brown belt for $2!


On a roll! Time for clothes. 2 new pairs of black work pants, and new (still with tags!!) gray leggings for fall! For Wesley I found a fleece bathrobe for winter, a Christmas dress with sweet Scottie puppies on it, a "Belle" dress up dress, and a jean skirt!


But the coup de grace of the day....A barely worn Columbia Vertex Bugaboo ski coat. Retail approx. $200! I paid........................wait for it..............................................SIX DOLLARS!!!!!

And it's red, my school color! So all those mornings in the winter, when I am standing outside in the freezing cold welcoming the little darlings to school, I will be warm,toasty and school spirited!

The trip to Goodwill did the trick. I had 2 bags of goodies and all for a whooping $37! I feel better all ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IMPRESSIVE!!!!! well done indeed.