Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Projects Part 1

Isn't it funny that the time of the year where there is an unlimited amount of adorable projects you have zero time to finish them! Maybe if I was a responsible crafter I would plan these projects in the summer and get them done while I'm "off" work. But I'm not. I don't think of cute Christmas projects until I see them out and about during Christmastime.

Here are a couple I have finished, I have many many more on the list.

First up a felt full sized Christmas tree for Wesley's room. I found this idea on pinterest. Someone else out there must have had a 3 yr old that really likes to decorate, redecorate and rearrange the Christmas tree. So here is the solution, build them there own that they cannot destroy.

Felt sticks to felt, so all you do is cut out your tree shape, then as many "ornaments" as you want and voila! They can decorate to there hearts content! I added the letters in her name with heat n' bond to a few so she could practice spelling, she loves anything with her name right now. She is convinced the letter W is just for Wesley, no one/nothing else. I said W for "windy" the other day and she was very perturbed.

The next project I tackeld was for myself and some of my coworkers. We are having Polar Express day on the 16th. The whole school will be in their pajamas and we will gather by grade levels to watch the movie. If you are not familiar with this holiday classic, there is a little boy who is not sure he believes in Santa or "Chirstmas" anymore. Then the Polar Express comes by to take him to the north pole and you can guess the rest. It is a heartwarming tale, I highly recommend the book and the Tom Hanks film is pretty good. A little uncanny valley for me but entertaining none the less. Throughout the movie the kids on the train talk about hearing Santa's sleigh bells, but the main little boy can't hear them, because he doesn't believe. So here are the shirts we will wear tomorrow with our pj pants.


There are 10 in all, coordinated to match each persons pjs. And since I was already making them I had to do one more....


Christmas Project Part 2:: I tackled throw pillow covers.......

No comments: