Thursday, March 8, 2012

Headed to New Orleans

Glorious Spring break is almost here!! This year Matt and I are headed to the infamous New Orleans.

I have been before, but just barely. I went to Mardi Gras when I was a freshman in college and college kids are not known for their touristing skills. So I didn't see much. My friend went to Loyola at the time so we mostly slept all day and stayed up all night studying, yeah studying. College is hard.

Matt has never been at all. 

So we are both very excited to visit this historical city and eat ourselves silly. We have already received some recommendations, but I want to hear more. So let's have it, have you been? What did you like? Where did you go?


4 comments:

Laura said...

How fun! Is it a getaway for just the two of you or is Wes going to?

You must visit Port of Call for a delicious burger! And Cafe du Monde, but that's a given. Y'all will have so much fun!

Laura said...

Ah! I meant "is Wes going toO?" Gah!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Wesley is not going. This trip was an amazing Christmas present from my Mom, which included babysitting : ) Isn't she great!

Al said...

So I'm late on this, and I think you're already there, but the Pirate Bar...I think it's actually called Pirates Alley, maybe? It's an absinthe house and has excellent people..pirate..watching.