Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Grit n' Grind Made Girly

You already know we are big Grizzlies fans. And you are also aware we have the prissiest little girly girl ever. Well, sometimes being a sports fan and a princess is hard. In a world of oversized t-shirts and jerseys sometimes you just need a good ruffle, am I right? So Mommy intervened.

I started with an XL Grizzlies playoff shirt from last season that a sweet friend donated to the cause.


Then I sliced off the sleeves. (sorry I forgot to do step by step pictures, but you can find this idea on Pinterest OR just picture it in your head, it really is too easy to do.) 

Then I cut a straight line across the top directly below the neck hole.


Then I hemmed the arm holes and sewed them together a bit to make the opening smaller. I folded the top over and sewed straight across to make two columns to feed the ribbon through that became her straps.

I also got a coordinating piece of Grizzlies blue fabric and made a ruffle that I added around the bottom

And, Ta-Da!


Look how happy she is, the picture is blurry because she wouldn't stop twirling in it!


Sassy pants.



Go Grizz!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Such a cool idea; love it! Your model is pretty cute too. :)