Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Brancis, MO:: Final Round-Up

Our last night in Branson we went to a show. But first we had to grab some dinner. Being on the laid back, country tour that we were on means we landed at Cracker Barrel. One of my guilty favorites. While we waited Wes and I checked out the Old Country Store.

She did this by herself, even 4 year olds catch trends. 
I think she has talent y'all, there is a future in accordions
After dinner we went to see Hamner Barber's Variety and Magic Show. It was cheesy and awesome. I laughed the whole way through, but no pictures allowed so you'll have to take my word on that.

One quick story that happened because of the show. At the the end they did a beautiful tribute to Veterans since it was Memorial Weekend. The tribute included footage from an interview with WWII survivors, along with pictures of them going off to war as teenagers. It was very moving and several adults teared up, but I didn't think Wesley understood any of it, until I looked down to find her silently crying while flags bellowed and a life size statue of the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima magically appeared out of thin air on the stage.

I picked her up and asked her if she was all right and she said she was but she needed to have a serious talk with me as soon as we got out of there. So we made it to the car and I asked again, nope she wanted to tell me when we got "home" it was very serious and everyone had to be "sitting down and paying attention."Direct quote. So we got back to the hotel and I asked again. She had to make sure Mom and I were sitting still and looking directly at her and then she said "Remember that show were they talked about soliders." ME: "Uh, the one we left 5 minures ago?"Wee: "Yes, well this is very serious...{tears up}...it's just that...{more tears}....they were so...so...OLD! {melts into tears}." Mom and I literally had to hold our faces at this point. Wee: "I was trying hard to care about them, but they were so old, and I wanted them to be like they were before in their pictures." I cannot make this stuff up y'all. Hilarious. We explained that everyone grows older and we need to care for everyone no matter their age. Wow Mom.

The next day we just wanted to take a quick drive down "the strip" to get the full experience of Branson, then head on back to Memphis. I'm sure glad we did or we would have missed this giant statue of President Reagan's head! I know all my friend's love to tease me for being a card carrying Democrat, but in all seriousness, I'm actually just patriotic and want good, strong, honest, smart leaders leading our country, so I was happy to pose with one of our nation's presidents, so there. 



Our drive landed us at the outlet mall, how fortuitous! Wesley didn't last long in the stores, but they did conveniently place these cooky rides around every corner.
Please notice the foam visor with stick on embellishments and crossover glitter purse.

After "stores and stores and stores"-Wesley, we finally started the long trek home. The drive was long but gorgeous. The Ozarks are just another reminder of God's glory and power. I really enjoyed the scenic route, even though it went by quite slow--- up and down so many mountains. 

"The Hills are Alive....With the Sound of Music!"

Me and My girl! The picture is awful because it was on the side of the highway and raining, but I needed this shot!
So that finally wraps up the Branson trip, one month after the fact. It was a great one, and I loved doing it with all three generations of Larson girls this time! Very special. Can't wait till next year!

No comments: