Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dr. King

So because of the heat debacle (see below post) I missed school Friday. I have emergency sub plans taped to my desk for just such occasions, but apparently the sub that came was adventuresome. My "plans" consist of appropriate videos, because I never to like to assume a person off the street can teach a music lesson plan. But, like I said, she was up for more.

So this morning I found a lovely note on my desk that detailed all the things she had done with my classes. I have to say I was way impressed! She had used the iPod and found the songs I was teaching and even said she got out some instruments! I'm feeling great about missing, since I usually feel SUPER guilty.

I saw she had done a writing activity with 5th grade, since she couldn't figure out what "Whacky Chopstix" meant in my lesson plans or what "boomwhackers" were....I mean who doesn't know how to play chopstix on the boomwhackers, hello?!?! But I digress. Back to the writing assignment. The substitute teacher read the biography  of Martin Luther King, Jr. I had out. Then told the students to write 2 facts they had learned and 1 false statement.Then they read them out loud and had to identify which statement was false. Excellent activity (and time waster)! She said in her note they all did very well with this. And she had left me the cards they wrote so I could see. I flipped through them just for good measure, and man am I glad I did. This made my entire day.



Just so you don't miss it, according to a 5th grader in 2011, Dr. King was hot.

Perfect.

No comments: