Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pet Peeves

We all have our quirks. And we all have little things that get to us, right? Well, I do. Maybe I'm just sensitive. Here are a few of mine, in no particular order:

1. When I can hear someone swallow. Seriously how thirsty are you? I should not be able to hear your esophagus. cough cough wink wink MGW......

2. Blatant bra straps. I don't mean when yours slips, I mean when people, in public, are wearing a hot pink bra with a baby blue spaghetti strap OR strapless dress! Gets me everytime.

3. Not washing your hands in a public restroom. Two weeks ago, I was in the restroom at the movie theater, I watched a women come out of a stall and walk out the door. SERIOUSLY?!?!? If you even walk in a public restroom, you must immediately wash your hands on principle. And last week I heard a little girl tell her mom she didn't want to wash her hands, and her mom said Okay! SHE SAID OKAY! OMG Y'all!

4. Which brings me to my next one, when a child tells a parent what they will or will not do. I'm talking to you Wesley, so stop it.

5. And this one has just recently developed because it keeps happening to me. I hate when restaurants put something on their menu they don't have. I'm not talking about your special that you ran out of, I mean standard items, like beverage choices. Menus are pieces of paper, if you don't have that item, print out a corrected piece of paper and put it in your plastic sleeve. Don't make me feel like a jerk for ordering a beer, just to have you tell me you don't have a alcohol license yet.

So now that I feel like a whiny punk, just kidding...felt good to get it out.... What are your pet peeves? Anybody share some of mine?

3 comments:

Sara Tate said...

People that end sentences in prepositions. Where's it at? After that preposition!

Anonymous said...

OMG, the thing with the exposed bra straps gets me too! I'm seeing it so often, probably especially now that it's summer but still, that I was starting to wonder whether it was a new fashion because, let's face it, I'm so far out of the loop on current fashion that I can't even see it from here.

And on the thing about kids telling their parents what will/won't fly? Another angle of that that drives me nuts is when parents ask, "OK?" at the end of instructive sentences. "Pookums, you need to be quiet, OK?" HELL, no. "Quiet." One time ought to do it. I know it did with my mom. Just one time with The Look from her could stop me in mid-shenanigan and drop me from mid-air into one obedient little child. For a little while anyway.

Eliza said...

Just a few for me...

*The preposition thing definitely gets me. Actually people who use blatantly incorrect grammar in general- but especially in type. I've made a few mistakes, but please find out the difference between they're and there and their before you embark in written English. ...and use spell check for cryin' out loud!! (not you, MEW) There have been several work emails I've wanted to print out, correct in red pen, grade, and return to that coworker.

*When people tell pregnant ladies how huge they look. I assure you, they know.