Friday, May 11, 2012

Latest projects

 Here are few things I've done lately.

I have a good friend getting married in June. She had an around the clock shower and I got 7pm, dinner party hour. I chose a sassy little apron and dinner napkins and threw on her new monogram to personalize.



Another friend is headed to Disney with her sweet baby girl Hannah. So I whipped up this creation. The purple fabric is Disney princess fabric and the pink has the Disney "star" and of course the iconic Disney font. I liked that this was very Disney but not the typical Mickey ears. 


Then a friend needed to fancy-up a spring bag for a birthday present. I think the neon blue looks great on the bright yellow (Curlz font, just for you Matt)!


And speaking of bright blue and yellow, here is a trio of shirts for 3 little sisters. This family lost their house in a fire and all of their clothes. Of course their friends and church rallied and got them what they needed, but the mom said the girls said nothing really felt like theirs. So my friend, who knew the family, got me to make them shirts with their names on them. It can't get more yours than that! 

It's hard to tell in the 2D pic but these are raggy designs, which means the edges are all "fluffy." It gives it a shabby chic look.



And finally my girl needed something to kick off pool weather! I love this little mermaid, but let me tell you I may never sew with sequins again! I broke 3 needles and went through 2 lower bobbins. The only reason it's done is because I was not willing to give up. Next time I'm just going with shiny material.


Right now I am working on teacher gifts for the end of the year, I'll post when they are done!

2 comments:

O.P.T. out (Old Person Thinking Outloud) said...

These all look great! You are getting so good at this! Amazing

Laura said...

Even though it was a pain to do, the sequin mermaid looks great!!