Tuesday, May 1, 2012

GOOOOOD will

So I love the goodwill. And I have a favorite one. It is on Austin Peay Hwy across from the Krystals. You know the one right?

Anyhoo, I love it. It has the best stuff and really great prices. I've never seen anything over $7, unless it's furniture. The other cool thing they do is pick a color everyday and whatever has that color tag is 1/2 off. ANNNNND on Wednesday's EVERYTHING is half off! Cause why pay $5 for gap jeans when you can pay $2.50 right?!?

Well, the catch to that is Wednesday is faculty meeting day, so I rarely go on half off day. But this past Wednesday our meeting was canceled. I drove buy for a pop in, put before I pulled into the parking lot I saw everything look very empty and weird. I went ahead and went home, the whole time very upset that my store had closed. On Thursday morning on the way into work I looked again and noticed it wasn't closed just being rearranged inside, so I made a mental note to stop after school, even though it wasn't half off day anymore.

Well friends, in case you were sad I missed discount day--fret no more! When I got inside there were signs that everything was 75% OFF! They are remodeling and want to get as much as possible out of the way. I got an almost brand new dress shirt, 2 pair of jeans, 2 dresses, lots of children's clothes (including smocked outfits) and enough children's books to start a library for $16. SIXTEEN US DOLLARS.

Just look!











Yeah for remodeling! Yeah for consumer recycling! Yeah for goodwill!!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Yay Goodwill! It's about time for me to make the rounds to start Hannah's fall wardrobe. Much better selection when it's hotter than Hades outside for the cold weather clothes. I've gotten some great deals at the new(ish) one in Millington. Scored a 3T Lilly Pullitzer dress for $4, new with tags! Love Goodwill!

Laura said...

Wow! You scored big!