Friday, May 25, 2012

Teacher gifts and Koala Kid

It is the end of another school year! I really had a fabulous school year, and I know Wesley did too.

The toucan year started a little on the "Rocky" side, but she quickly fell in line and learned a lot along the way.
May 2011

This time last year I was super sad about my baby moving up from the one year old class to the twos. I could not believe she would no longer be one of the littlest ones at the school. But now that she is potty trained, can dress herself (sometimes not helpful) and just all around more independent I really dig having a big kid.

So when we got to the end of this year I wasn't as sentimental as last time. Plus, there is only one class each age group, so all her friends move with her!

Before we went I had to do a little something to show her teachers how much we love them. As a teacher, I am always sensitive to what I get for other teachers, no teacher needs 15 bath salt kits. Personalized gifts are always the most fun to receive, because it took thought and planning. And just a tip to you parents worrying about it, the card truly is the most important part, not how much you spent on a gift. I read every one.

For Wesley's teachers I got colorful tote bags and appliqued their initial on front. Then I filled each one with waters, drink mix packets, snacks, and flip flops to get summer started off right! I thought they ended up really cute. And of course a sweet note was attached.

Once I was done with the Toucan teacher gifts I realized I didn't have a toucan anymore, I had a koala! So of course Wes needed a koala shirt to make a good impression on her first day.

May 2012
I can't wait to see what she will learn this year. They have already started identifying all the letters and learning how to hold a pencil and they have only been there 1 week! She told me she cannot even visit the Toucan classroom because she is too big. I think I agree. Happy Promotion to all!






No comments: