Friday, March 8, 2013

I'm Happy to be Here in our Nation's Capitol With You

So Spring Break is finally here! And Matt and I are headed to D.C. for our 8th anniversary. A few quick thoughts and then some solicitations.

1. I cannot get excited about a trip that involves air travel, I can only dread the airplane. I hate this fact about me, but alas it is true. I was excited when I planned the trip in December but now that we are 2 days away from 4 flights, I just have that sinking feeling in my stomach.

2. Matt and I have been planning a rough itinerary so that our short time will be as efficient as possible. But this task has been quite overwhelming. There are literally a million things to do in D.C., and all very close together, and most of them free! So I have been horrible about deciding.

3. Have you ever been to D.C.? What was your one favorite thing, you would have hated to miss? Text me or email me if you have a suggestion, that will really help me narrow things down.

Of course I won't be instagramming, tweeting or facebooking still while we're there. But I will take lots of pictures I'm sure and I'll blog when I get home.