Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Program Time

As a music teacher it is to my ultimate joy and delight to plan a program. This year, for Christmas,  I planned 1 and 1/2 and got to go to a pretty darn cute one I didn't have to plan!

The one I did direct this year was called "Elfis Impersonator" It was the story of a strange looking elf who never stopped singing and dancing and had trouble fitting in at the North Pole. The other elves accused him of being an impersonator! Of course they all learn their lesson that we must except others differences and not judge a book by its cover etc. Too cute!






In the show we had 19 speakers, 18 guitars, 40 chorus members, 3 third grade classes, two Christmas trees and an Elvis Impersonator. It was a huge production, but well worth it. Everyone seemed to love it.


The show I did not direct was even cuter though. Mostly because of the little girl in it. I'm partial! Here are a couple of short videos from Wee's Christmas production.




Yep, I'm proud! This is the first year she has really sung. In years past she has just stood there, one year she even held her hands over her face the whole time. So we've come a long way.



And finally, my last Christmas music presentation I only count as a half. Not because of it's meaning to me, but because of the sweet angels in it. You see, it will be our first time to have the children sing in worship at church and we are a young church, so most of our children are very young. The biggest age group is the 1-3 range so there isn't a whole lot of understandable singing going on. But they are adorable. Unfortunately, I did not get very many shots of this one, because we were herding the babies in and out which is a lot like herding wet cats so there is no chance to stop and take a picture. Here are a couple I stole from the interweb.



 Merry Christmas!

No comments: