Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pretty Pony Party

We successfully had another birthday party for my sweet girl! I can't believe we've had FOUR of these things!

This year she had the most input. This party was truly all about her instead of Mom trying to plan the cutest, trendiest, craftiest party. My girl wanted a pony party and that's what she got.

See, Wes loves My little pony, as most 3-6 year old girls do, and then we went to a friends party in March that had actual ponies and Wee was sold. She asked from March to November for a pony party.

First step was securing the farm so that we could have real live ponies. Luckily the same friend that had the first party had the hook up, so that was super easy to secure.

Next, decorations. Easy peasy, we would be outside in glorious nature no decorating really needed. I just added a Happy Birthday banner and some pony balloons. Done and done!


Next, favors. I found My Little Pony coloring books for all the guests and then added pony bubbles, stickers and handmade hairbows. This was the first and only hiccup in the party planning. You know I love a craft. And we live in the age of pinterest with unlimited tutorials. So I just bought the supplies and waited till one night after Wesley had gone to bed and decided I could knock out 12 hairbows like that. Yeah right. 3 hours later and multiple hot glue burns to boot and I had 12 bows being held together with ribbon and prayer. Maybe bow making is not my spiritual gift.




Next was party activities, again SOOO easy, hello?!?! there would be horses there! Done.




Oh, and of course I made her shirt! She picked every piece of fabric, too. If it sparkled it was in. I stitched the unicorn on a sweatshirt because I worried it would be chilly on a November day, but I was so happy to be wrong! It was a gorgeous 60+ degree day!

So that's my quick, late, post about my beautiful four year old!! The moral I learned from this party is more stress does not mean more fun, this party was the least "planned" of all I've done and we had a FANTASTIC day! I can be taught.

 Here are a few more, self-explanatory, pics from the day. Thank you to all our sweet friends and family who helped make it perfect!










No comments: