Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Obligatory Easter Post and One Shout Out to Livi

I'm working backwards in my blogging world now, because SOOO much has happened in the last 2 weeks I cannot keep up! But I do want to document it. I will finish the Washington D.C. post soon, and there will be a blog dedicated to an adorable new member of our family followed close behind!

But first Easter!! As you know I took a break from social media as my lenten challenge. I will honestly report that I did not make it the entire time. I broke lent on March 22nd at 6:36 p.m. because that is when my first and most adorable niece was born.


And unfortunately my will power is like a dam, once cracked you can't stop it. I will rationalize that since I did not take Sundays off during lent, I did technically fast from twitter, facebook and instagram for 40 days. Does that count?!?!

Anyway, here is our Easter Weekend.


We started off with a little egg decorating. With three kiddos I wasn't willing to get too creative so we just used a kit where all they had to do is squirt dye in the bag and swirl the egg around. Easy Peasy!



Then we headed to Sis's to give this little Easter blessing, Olivia Hastings, a treat and some snuggles. Please notice the little plush ducky is as big as she is! Small but perfect!


Everyone needed to get in on the action of loving on this angel.


Then on Saturday we headed to Breakfast with the Bunny and an Easter Egg hunt at my Mom's church. 

Table decorations!

Somebody was not feeling the Easter Bunny this morning.
But she perked right up when it was time to hunt for candy filled eggs! We had to do the hunt inside because of rainy weather. They separated kids by age and sent them to different parts of the church. Wesley hunted in the old parsonage, which was crazy to me because the when I was young I was close friends with the pastor's daughter and spent many many afternoons and nights in this now abandoned house!




Sunday morning we had fun going through all the goodies the Easter Bunny had left us!




And then we got all fancy to celebrate at church! I love our church so much and I love that my kid loves to dance in the aisles to the worship music! I do not love when this makes me sappy and emotional and I start crying in public...but then again it is such a happy day, bring on the tears.



Helping Dad run the music slides

Little poser

Family picture
Then we headed to my Mom's for a delicious Easter lunch and it just so happens the Easter Bunny had just stopped by there too!



Happy Easter friends!