Friday, April 5, 2013

Washington Wrap Up

Very quickly, for my memory purposes. Here is the last day we had in Washington. Day 1 and 2 were great. So we tried to fit in just a little more.

We started at the air and space museum. Can we acknowledge that this was not the best idea we're ever had, being that I am terrified of flying and I had to get on a plane that day. I take happy pills just to get on the plane and then I still have freak outs---on meds. So there's that.
Lies
Hey Spirit of St. Louis! Remember the time you were completely unsafe and against the laws of gravity.


I literally almost passed out watching a take off simulation. Dumb. So dumb.

So after seeing how shaken I was by the trip down flight's memory lane, Matt decided maybe we should try one more museum before we got our boarding passes. So we crossed the lawn to the National Museum of Art.

This museum was gorgeous! And of course all the art was great, but it would be pretty boring of me to take pictures of pictures, so I'll spare you. 


The entry way
My mom has this print hanging in her bedroom! It was cool to see it in person.



This one just really bothered me, I mean that cat is creepy right? You can't really see from my bad picture, but he is staring at you not Adam and Eve.

After the art museum, it was time to head to the airport. Everything went very smoothly, metro->bus->airport. Even check in went super fast. But that meant we had almost two hours until our flight. That meant I had two hours to work myself up watching planes take off and land over and over. Not good, friends.

Finally time to take off. I took my pill. Boarded. Buckled. No turning back. Then we took off and the plance did that sudden drop thing, were everyone kinda goes "whoa" and that was it. The tears came up, the need to yell at the pilot started to enter my head. It was awful. I just wanted to get off and I knew I had to make it two more hours. You would think my loving husband would be patting me and comforting me, you would be wrong. My sweet (amazing in so many other ways) husband was laughing. HE HAD TO HOLD HIS FACE TO STOP. Turns out he cannot keep a straight face when I'm being irrational. True story. As a redemption, when we leaded in Atlanta for our connection he did say he would rent me a car and we could drive back from there. I was very tempted, but I also just wanted to be home and the flight was going to last 45 minutes, I knew I could do it. And I did.

So that was D.C.! Ont o St. Louis next week!



No comments: